- Designed by John Curl - creator of the legendary Vendetta Research phono preamp
- Inputs and outputs use Vampire brand 24k gold-plated RCA jacks
- Balanced outputs use Neutrik brand premium XLR jacks
- MM 47k ohm, MC 47k ohm or MC variable 50-550 Ohms
- RIAA accurate within 0.2 dB
- Exclusively Vishay-Dale resistors in the audio path
- Triple shielding; low-carbon mild steel partitions isolate the power supplies & AC wires
- Dual mono design; each audio channel is separately enclosed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure
- Separate high speed-soft recovery rectifiers, filter caps and voltage regulators for each channel
- Mono switch can improve sound of mono and older LPs
- Built-in AC line conditioner to prevent AC noise from polluting the circuits
- AC polarity reverse switch can reduce hum in many systems
- Non-magnetic aluminum rear panel for purest sound
- Turn On Options switch: manual or auto with 12v trigger input
- Premium detachable heavy gauge IEC AC cord
- 2u Chassis, rack mountable with HRA2 (sold separately)
How the JC 3+ improves on the original JC 3:
- Variable MC load adjust independent for each channel
from 50-550 ohms with dual gang potentiometers specially made for
Parasound by Vishay.
- Curl-Thompson tweaked circuits to further reduce the JC 3 silent background noise.
- 24k gold plated copper traces on phono module boards for utmost conductivity and most transparency/detail in the music.
- 47% larger low ESD power supply filter caps greater reserve for head-snapping dynamics.
- Ability to turn off illumination of the front panel P logo.
- Now Available in Silver or Black.
The Absolute Sound Review Highlights
"The internal layout was
gorgeous, if like me, you're into such things. It abounds with
top-quality parts including Vishay-Dale resistors and
REL capacitors in critical circuits."
"it's as quiet as a mouse in hospital slippers."
this is key to its bat-sensitive low level resolving power, its ability
to peer deeply into the small recess of a musical moment"
"Dynamically thereís a riveting balance of extremes at play, from profound ambient silence to rollicking kick-butt energy."
"this is the kind of resolving power and specificity that make the JC 3 so addictive."
terms of real-world performance, the place where most of us actually
live, the Parasound Halo JC 3 is the best phono preamp Iíve heard in my
"My highest recommendation."
- Neil Gader
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.